A really great and well filled build. Usually, these big builds get a little chaotic or bare, just because of the size. However, this one I found balanced it quite well. There were lots of well varied and interesting buildings, making me want to scroll through each image even more. Also, you had a great layout too! Nice to see a not straight port!
Another awesome build. I feel this one really benefits from the hills behind it. While buildings are obviously important, when you’re looking at a screenshot containing a building, chances are half your shot will have a background. While the sky is a nice and normal looking backdrop, sometimes it needs some nice terrain behind it too. Also really loved the house on the cliff which looked like other houses in the town. It all blended together and created a portside town I’d love to live in!
Going back to terrain, I found this build’s white stood out with the green forest around it, which was a little distracting. However, looking past that at the build, I loved it! It felt very fantasy-esque, but the build was great and flowed nicely together. While I liked the variety of the 1st place build, the aesthetic you chose for this was equally great.
We’re going to the movies! Or…. the movies are coming to us?
This time, we’re going to be building some scenes from our favorite movies! Whether you want to recreate a scene directly or change one a little bit to your liking, go ahead!
Your movies… your choices!
Build a scene from a movie. The movie can be of your choice (please specify which movie it is from!).
Submitting an entry To submit an entry, you must comment on this post and format your comment like this:
Title of submission
Link to submission photos or video (preferably youtube or Imgur)
2. Vanilla only No mods that add new blocks or items are allowed. No resource packs are allowed. Any minecraft version is allowed and you may build with custom terrain, creative mode, world edit or etc as long as it doesn’t add any new blocks to the game. Shader pictures can be added in a SEPERATE album as bonus pictures. None of those pictures will be accounted for when we judge the entries. Only vanilla screenshots.
3. Any version of minecraft i.e. PS3, Xbox 360, Pocket Edition.
4. No preexisting builds We’re going with the honour system here but if anything had already been built before the start of the contest, don’t submit it.
5. Build teams are allowed There may be more that one person building for a challenge but only one person may submit their entry with their account
6. New textures are allowed The new versions of Jappa’s textures are allowed to be used along with old legacy textures.
Link to sheet. The leaderboards are on the 2nd page
For points and judging:
There is only 3 winners each week. Each participant will get 2 points for submitting their entry. There are honourable mentions but they do not get any extra points.
Anybody that places Bronze with gets 4 points
Anybody that places Silver gets 6 points
Anybody that places Gold gets 8 points
Sunday, August 15th 2021: Challenge begins!
Saturday morning (around 11:00 AM AST), August 28th 2021: Contest is closed. No other submissions will be allowed.
Sunday morning, August 29th 2021 A new challenge and winners are announced in that post
53 votes and 7 comments so far on Reddit